Scheduled with our Executive Director Renu B. Rose to support parents seeking guidance on a myriad of individual needs for their gifted students. Consultations may be held in Colorado or setup long distance across the country.
Identification & Assessment of Giftedness
Comprehensive, multi-faceted evaluation for giftedness which includes a cognitive assessment (Wechsler Preschool & Primary Scale of Intelligence-IV, Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children-IV, or Stanford-Binet), as well as assessment of creative, social, emotional intelligences, and a learning styles assessment. Our uniquely comprehensive assessment process may includes an in-class observation of child in their current educational setting, and also includes a detailed developmental/family history. Our goal is to honor a holistic, multiple-intelligences perspective of a student as we assess for giftedness. Following the assessment, a detailed evaluation report is developed, and an evaluation feedback session is scheduled with parents to review findings and share detailed recommendations.
Identification & Assessment of Learning Differences & Psychological Needs
We provide assessments for students who may be twice-exceptional, gifted but who also may have academic, learning, or affective needs which need identification and support.
Educational Services for Gifted Students
- Individualized Educational Sessions for Gifted Students
- Individualized Educational Sessions for Gifted with Learning Differences/Twice-Exceptional Students
- Educational Modules for Homeschooled Students
- Project and Inquiry-Based, Integrative Curriculum Model Utilized at SAGE Honoring Cognitive, Academic, and Affective Development of Gifted
- In-School Consultations
- In-Class Observations & Teacher Support
Psychotherapy Services for Gifted Students
- Individual Play Therapy for Young Children
- Individual Therapy for Elementary and Adolescent Students
- Family Therapy
Occupational Therapy Services for Gifted Students
School Placement Guidance
If your student has been identified as gifted, you're likely considering finding the appropriate school to challenge your student and more fully develop his or her talents. Finding this school fit can be stressful and confusing. It is often difficult to find objective ways to compare different school offerings. SAGE staff are familiar with the variety of gifted schools, public and private. We also support you in finding independent schools that have excellent programs for the highly gifted student. We will provide you an objective recommendation based on your student's abilities and preferences.
SAT/ACT College Prep and Coaching Support:
- Coping skills for anxiety reduction during high stakes testing
- Enhancing vocabulary and reading comprehension
- Post-secondary transition services
- Parent Education Services
- Teacher Education & Professional Development Services
- Social Skills Groups for Gifted
- Day/Summer Camps for Gifted
- Speaker Series on Gifted Education Topics
- Gifted School Design & Development
Please note that our clients pay for SAGE fees by credit card and our fee structure is based on the customized services our families select from the array above. We do not accept insurance as part of our practice and are not able to complete or process insurance claims and/or receipts. We are pleased to offer a sliding scale fee structure to our families based on financial need.
For more information on how SAGE Center for Gifted can help you and your exceptional student, please submit this form and we will get back to you ASAP.
Or, if you prefer, call 720.438.9620. It is the central number for all SAGE locations.